Friday 24 June 2011

What a Circus

So, parliament has voted to ban animals in the circus, except it isn't a law yet because it wasn't an official act of parliament or something - democracy rules ok. The main question there is why did the government and David Cameron want to stop it, against what was obviously the will of our elected representatives. I don't think he owns shares in a circus, I don't think Rupert Murdoch would give a toss on this one, so why were they pushing so hard back? I assume someone will find out, although it's probably irrelevant. It does show what our MPs could do, if they had a bit more backbone on other issues, which is an interesting thought.

I see our PM has now said he didn't threaten Mark Pritchard, and that the default setting for his staff is Mother Theresa. Bollocks on the second, we can't know about the first

I approve of the idea to ban wild animals from the circus though, why do we need to have wild animals doing tricks to amuse us, why do we want to watch that? Whatever anyone says they're caged and moved around the country in less than spacious conditions, and then put in front of however many people have bought tickets for no other reason than to make them go "oooohhh" or something. There isn't a very good point to that. To say that the animals enjoy it, how do you know? Would you enjoy being stuck in a cage, no room to move, travelling from place to place, so someone can have a short show before the clowns come on? Think about travelling in a small car with the worlds biggest dickhead. And they won't even let the tigers in to eat the clowns either.

That's my take on it, if you're going to cage animals have a good reason to do it. And there isn't really one I can think of. We shouldn't even do that for food. And I do eat meat before anyone asks, but I'd kill it if I had to. If you do I assume you would as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment