Thursday 28 July 2011

Morrissey, Meat and Norway

I see we've had Morrissey mouthing off again, comparing the mass murder in Norway to the way Macdonalds and KFC treat animals. I suppose being fair if anyone could say it a militant veggie is at least consistent, all killing is wrong, but he's wrong, in a lot of ways. I've said before that I don't think Meat is Murder, and I'm almost certain he said what he said to create a shitstorm and gain publicity, but anyway I'll still put this out there.

Meat for food tends to be bred as such, we tend not to kill random animals for our Dinner, and we don't just take a gun and go round shooting in public at anything that moves. If you don't want to eat meat or meat products do you just let the animals free, what do they eat? Or do you kill them and let the corpses rot? I understand the vegetarian arguments, I just disagree with them.

 Another thing in that article is where he says killing a Stag is like killing a child, quoted from an interview he did mentioning David Cameron. Wrong again, really. comparing hunters with paedophiles going a bit too far. It's attention seeking. We as a species eat meat. We've evolved eating meat. Some animals will eat us given the chance, so why not? I've taken more words than neccessary to call you it, but Morrissey, you're a dick.

Although one last thing, if you ever find it, read a Neil Gaiman short story called Babycakes. I think it was written for PETA, and basically it's about testing and food after the animals all disappear. And it may make you consider for a second. But I'll keep eating Meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment